v

Happy Birthday!

How fun!!!

invitation

My daughter gave me a birthday party for 30 guests!  Two of my grandchildren Penelope (Poppy), and Eva are here!

IMG_2162

Poppy is taller than I am!  Eva is about the same so far!

photo

Poppy, my daughter Ella, me and Eva!

IMG_2167

There was a long table;  and three of these beautiful “woodland fairyland  centerpieces!  Scott Hogue did a beautiful job!

hereIMG_2173

Poppy and Eva read a beautiful poem that reminded them of me!

(it was about “telling stories”!!

IMG_2185IMG_2171

these beautiful women!

IMG_2178

So many of my favorite people!!  What a happy, wonderful day!!!

IMG_2180

Eva

with a bird on her head!!!

IMG_2179

Can you catch that devilish and adorable spirit!

And, just like her Granny;  there is a bird on her head!

IMG_2181

Eva said, “Granny, make the peace sign!”

So I did!!

We now offer our design services online. Please contact us at Penelopebi@me.com for further information.

Share/Bookmark

20 Comments Subscribe to comments

1. Phyllis

Happy birthday, Penelope! What a beautiful family you have and what a gorgeous setting for a party. I love the fascinators everyone is wearing and the flower arrangements on the table are spectacular.

All best,
    Phyllis

Feb 25, 2014 @ 4:42 PM

2. Penelope Bianchi

I can’t even figure out how to leave a comment! and there are those empty boxes! Lordy!

Penelope

I need help!!!

Feb 25, 2014 @ 11:50 PM

3. Karena

Happy Birthday Penny! What a lovely luncheon with your family and friends.Your granddaughters are such beautiful young ladies!Those artful hair adornments and gorgeous centerpieces have truly brightened my day.

xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

Feb 26, 2014 @ 7:58 AM

4. Pamela

Oh, that beautiful hat on that beautiful head!
    Happy, happy birthday!!
    xo

Feb 26, 2014 @ 8:59 AM

5. Pamela

Oh, that beautiful hat on that beautiful head!
    Happy, happy birthday!!
    xo

Feb 26, 2014 @ 8:59 AM

6. Beth

Where did you get the festive crowns!! I need some for a 65th birthday party and I would love to get some ordered asap, thanks, Beth Brace

Feb 26, 2014 @ 10:33 AM

7. Beth

I would love to get my hands on some festive crowns, where did you find them ? Thanks, Beth

Feb 26, 2014 @ 10:35 AM

8. LA CONTESSA

Where do I begin………first off I would have LOVED to have been there!Everyone looked so festive and happy and you were all dining outside!Its pouring rain today up North!
    Second those doors with the HUNTER GREEN color…..well thats the same color and doors I have in my home!Even the inside is STAINED a dark shade………DITTO!!!Here TOO!I cannot get over how many similarities we share………(I know thats not your home),but is the CLUB down the road………past OPRAH.The GRANDDAUGHTERS are GORGEOUS!
    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH and when I find something suitable I will post it to YOU!
    XOXOXOXOXO

Feb 26, 2014 @ 2:22 PM

9. velvet and linen

It was so much fun… and Ella’s words about you! She adores you… and so do Poppy and Eva… we all do!

Thank you for including me in the the festivities!

xo xo

Brooke

Feb 26, 2014 @ 2:29 PM

10. Marsha @ Splenderosa

Happy Birthday, again, ladybug. How wonderful this party was. I love the “hats!” Brooke has a lovely post today giving you quite a nod. I love all the photos, so happy you shared them. & fyi, Tish’s event was cancelled…so sad I won’t be meeting her & you in NYC! xx’s

Feb 27, 2014 @ 7:48 AM

11. Taylor Greenwalt

Penny…Happy Birthday! My B-day was the 25th…
    You look fabulous..and your grand daughters are beautiful just like their grandma…

Feb 27, 2014 @ 7:59 AM

12. Sharon

Happy Birthday! What a fun idea and your granddaughters are just gorgeous! x Sharon

Feb 27, 2014 @ 11:21 AM

13. Penelope Bianchi

via email:

Penny, you look beautiful, and I can see the resemblance in both your gorgeous granddaughters….I love the bird embellishments for your hair….!! Happy Birthday dear one!! N.xo

Sent from my iPad.

Kindest regards,

Nella Miller
    Acorn Lane Designs
    Nurturing a Creative Lifestyle

Feb 27, 2014 @ 12:43 PM

14. Sandra Jonas

Happy Birthday Penny! What fun your party must have been.
    Your granddaughters are stunning!!

Feb 27, 2014 @ 7:54 PM

15. Penelope Bianchi

The 25th is my husband’s birthday!

Mar 03, 2014 @ 2:11 PM

16. Doré Callaway...BurlapLuxe

Oh so wonderful to carry on your mothers artful love in collecting.
    Love the art as well as the history behind the pieces. the eBay finds you have taken these pieces and used them in such an artful way of adding the right kind of rightness to your home designs.
    love the Mae West history, my GrandFather work on some set designs for movies she appeared in as being a set director for Paramount Movie Picture Studios, Hollywood.

It’s really a surprise to find pieces that hold value to a time in ones life.
    As for losing and replacing what was lost in your mothers fire, I would imagine your mothers joy in passing her passion onto you.

Thank you for the grace and beauty in this post.
    Will visit soon.

Happy Birthday Month to you lady “P”
    Visiting you by way of Friends.

Xx
    Bisous

Doré

Mar 07, 2014 @ 8:21 PM

17. Penelope Bianchi

Thank you! I must say, My Mother lives on when I see these paintings and prints, and watercolors each day! This is what I think a house should be! A scrapbook! Of one’s life!!!

Thank you for you lovely comment!

Penelope

Mar 18, 2014 @ 11:35 PM

18. Penelope Bianchi

Thank you! Please explain to me how they got so big……and grown up!!??

Life; I guess! I am so proud of them; and I adore them! How lucky can a Granny be? Such a beautiful party full of so many fun people! And a great example for the grandchildren that old people can be FUN!!! AS IN REALLY FUN!!!

I hope I stay in that category!!! REAL FUN!!! (I did the “devil dive” at Magic Mountain!) I have to post it on my website! It is dropping free-fall from an 1 story building! So fun! I asked the guy putting me into my “safety suit”; how many grannies to you get a day? He said……(he stopped and looked me straight in the eye) and said……””Ma’am; I have worked 5 days a week here for 7 years…..and you are the first “Granny” I have ever seen! Tommy (he was 7) Looked up at me; and said……….”Oh Granny…….you are sooooo cool!”

(he gets the cars…or whatever….the house?)!!!

Mar 18, 2014 @ 11:43 PM

19. Salons in indore

Wow! I am really impressed by the way you detailed out everything. It is really going to help me a lot. Thanks for sharing your thoughts so clearly.

Apr 25, 2014 @ 12:49 AM

20. Marketdecor

Well, I’ve already read this post in my beginning of discovering your blog – I was right – You are a very interesting person with great insight and great taste and a great sense of brightness and humor! Its refreshing!

Beautiful paintings – love the colors – the pinks!

May 04, 2014 @ 4:54 PM